Principal owners Andrew Chang and Kyriako Douvikas (“Kerry”) formed Liberty Restoration Group because they saw a need in the market for an honest and dependable restoration contractor that provides superior workmanship and customer service. They felt that many of the contractors they had previously worked with engaged in questionable business practices driven by greed, such as:
- Hiring lowest-bid subcontractors and failing to supervise or inspect their work;
- Using cheap, low-quality materials;
- Threatening to sue customers for a percentage of insurance proceeds even though no work had been done;
- Promising to waive deductibles or do additional repairs for “free” to induce customers to sign with them, and making up for the lost profit by using cheap materials and labor; and
- Misrepresenting their qualifications to perform or supervise roofing work
Andrew and Kerry felt that these contractors employed a business model that was not in the best interest of their customers. They committed himself to building a company that truly lives by the motto “we treat your property as if it were our own.” Although this means less profit and more work for Liberty, we know that in the end, we will earn not only your future business, but also the business of your colleagues, friends and family.
And unlike other contractors who hop from state to state chasing storms, or shut down and re-open under new business names to avoid lawsuits for poor workmanship, Liberty is here to stay and will stand by its workmanship warranty. Andrew, Kerry, and the rest of Team Liberty were all born and raised in the Chicagoland area.